*Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day.
*At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.
*Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
I am lucky. In all definitions of that word, I know that I am living a better life than more than half of the world. No matter how bad the day is, how big the trouble or how dramatic the drama, it really puts it into perspective of how lucky I got to grow up where I did, to receive the many gifts I have in my lifetime. The spiritual and the physical ones. Just the ability to have an education which I have always taken for granted is not an option for the majority of the children in this world or more so even the option to wear shoes. The blessings in comparison to those less fortunate are endless.
Proverbs 28:27 He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
with these fortunate circumstance I am trying to gratefully live in, it is my job to more than entertain the idea of helping others. "because I have been given much I too must give." This year brought me the true meaning of Christmas. I hope I can always remember this well learned lesson of charity and divine gratitude for my fortunate circumstance. Love Life.
<3- Lauren
you are so cute lauren! I will for sure be following your blog :) you are definitely one to give. thank you for the many times you have made my day a little brighter. you don't know how much it has helped me! I love you!
ReplyDelete